Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Guilty Pleasure

Although I am a little worried this might now be such a good career/personal move at the moment, Britney Spears has just been announced as the "openning" act at this year's MTV Video Music Awards, but without confirming whether or not it is a performance or a presenter bit. They have promised it will be "fun". Great. As much fun as her little fling with Madonna? I hope not. As long as MTV isn't out to sabotage her again this year, I am down for whatever she does, especially with the personal progress being made. (I promise I won't go PerezHilton.com on you after this blog entry.)

The reason why I am compelled to blog about this is because MTV's America's Best Dance Crew recently had an episode where previous popular groups competed to perform at the VMAs also. Amongst the three finalists were top two favorites Kaba Modern (their performance was posted here a couple days ago) and Fanny Pack(!). Fanny Pack's leader and choreographer, Matt Cady, also choreographed some pieces to Britney's new album. 

So...if Fanny Pack wins the competition AND if they perform with Ms.Spears, I think it will be a performance worth talking about the next day...if you're into that of course.

You can see Fanny Pack's competition piece (starting at 1:28) to Pussy Cat Dolls' "When I grow up" below:


I basically wanted to just post this up so that if by extreme chance this may happen on Saturday night, I can say "I knew it!" And this probably isn't what I should be thinking about during Ramadan. Yikes!

0 comments:

  © Blogger template 'Neuronic' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP